PLATTEVILLE, Wis. – The University of Wisconsin-Platteville men's basketball team (8-0) ranked No. 11 on the D3hoops.com poll, defeated Olivet College (1-5) on Bo Ryan Court on Sunday afternoon. The Pioneers had their second highest scoring night of the season and had five players score double digits.
- Olivet took a 3-0 lead on their first possession before the Pioneers rattled off 19 unanswered points to take a commanding 19-3 lead in the next three minutes.
- The Pioneers went into halftime leading the Comets 47-35.
- Senior Carter Voelker and juniors Justin Stovall and Quentin Shields each scored nine points in the first half.
- The Pioneers shot 50% (17-of-34) from the field and 37.5% (6-of-16) from three-point range and Olivet was held to 42.4% (14-of-33) from the field and a better 45.5% (5-of-11) on three-point attempts.
- The Pioneers went 7-of-8 from the free throw line while Olivet made both of their attempts.
- Sophomore Kyle Tuma and Voelker each scored 10 points in the second half.
- Stovall hauled in six second half rebounds to tally a 16-point, 10-rebound double double.
- The Pioneers shot 56.7% (17-of-30) from the field and 55.6% (5-of-9) from three-point range while Olivet was held to 32% (8-of-25) from the field and 33.3% (3-of-9) on three-pointers.
- The Pioneers shot 83.3% (10-of-12) from the free throw line while Olivet shot 64.3% (9-of-14).
- UW-Platteville improved to 8-0 on the season.
- Olivet fell to 1-5 overall.
- Voelker finished with 19 points, six rebounds and two assists. He shot 63.6% (7-of-11) from the field and shot 60% (3-of-5) on his three-point attempts.
- Junior Justin Fox came off the bench to contribute 10 points and seven rebounds. Fox shot 75% (3-of-4) from the field and made all four of his free throws.
- UW-Platteville finished 53.1% (34-of-64) from the field and 44% (11-of-25) from beyond the three-point arc. Olivet shot 37.9% (22-of-58) and 40% (8-of-20) from three-point territory.
- The Pioneers were 85% (17-of-20) from the free throw line while the Comets shot 68.8% (11-of-16).
The Pioneers travel to face Bethel (Minn.) on Saturday, Dec. 14 at 1 p.m.